EkaSol 1™ – Safe, Effective, Green Solvent
- Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK)
EkaSol 1 is considered Zero-VOC in 49 states and parts of California because it is comprised only of materials listed by the EPA in section 40 CFR 51.100(s) index in the United States. It contributes zero VOCs to the final product. In the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD), the most stringent regulator in the US, EkaSol 1 is considered to be an UltraLow VOC solvent and contributes only 2.66 g/L of VOCs to the final product.
EkaSol 1 meets regulatory guidelines for emission of Volatile Organic Compounds
- EkaSol 1 also exhibits a very low Maximum Incremental Reactivity (MIR) value as calculated by the California Air Resources Board (CARB).
- EkaSol 1 is comprised of 77% * exempt material as per Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA) and the National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) in Canada.
*Note: Environment Canada is processing additions to exempt list. When approved, EkaSol 1 will become non-reporting under
Regulatory Review and Approval
|EPA Test Method 24||VOC||2.66 g/L|
|ASTM 313-91||VOC||2.66 g/L|
|California Air Resources Board (CARB)||Maximum Incremental Reactivity (MIR)||0.47 g O3 / g VOC|
The EkaSol 1 Advantage
- high purity
- excellent solvency and solubility
- versatile – effective in multiple solvent applications
- improved flow characteristics
- high loading capacity
- efficient in viscosity reduction
- fiberglass and gelcoat manufacturing
- paint and varnish removers
- laundry starches
- hard surface cleaners
- household dyes
- lubricating greases and oils
- automotive chemicals
- nail polish and polish remover
- shoe polish
- undercoats and waterproofing compounds
- surface preparation
- general and heavy duty degreasing
- laboratory and equipment wipe solvent
- general purpose surface wipe cleaner
- paint gun and paint line cleaner
Test Results from Independent Labs
- Evaluation of Solvency and Solubility Analysis against Methyl Ethyl Ketone and DiMethyl Carbonate
- Sample Formulation analysis in 2K Epoxy
- Sample Formulation analysis in 2K Urethane
- Analysis of use in Industrial Coating Polymer Systems
- Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs) free
- No ozone creating or depleting chemicals
- Ultra low VOC
- Ultra low MIR
- ideal for use in reducing VOC emissions in a variety of applications
- easy to distill and recycle
- safe for workers
- safe for our planet
EkaSol Tech Data Sheet
EkaSol 1 is a safe, effective, efficient and cost effective alternative for Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK).
Solvent Comparison Chart
This Chart compares the important technical parameters of EkaSol 1 and several conventional solvents.
Comparison of EkaSol 1 to MEK
This document summarizes the enhanced safety and quality attributes of TBF Environmental’s EkaSol 1 product as compared to Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK).
Comparing EkaSol to Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK) and Acetone
This document extends the comparison of EkaSol 1 to Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK) and Acetone.